Thursday, July 2, 2015

Sour cream apple whole wheat muffins

Mix wet ingredients in large bowl
2 cups chopped apples, keep skin on
1 3/4 cup sour cream (5% low fat)
1/4 cup apple sauce (This was all I had, but you could use more)
3/4 cup skim milk
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs

Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup raisins
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp allspice

Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir until combined.

24 muffins. 350 for about 20-25 minutes.


I had some sour cream I wanted to use up. So I went looking for a recipe for muffins. I found a couple, and naturally made major changes to them. Above is what I ended up with. Makes 24.

Do you even notice when you go looking for a recipe on the internet, you find one that looks interesting, then you look for the recipe, and all you see is a whole bunch of text then pictures, then more text, then more pictures, and then finally the stupid recipe? What a pain. So from now on when I post a recipe, I'll post the recipe first, and the blah blah blah after.

No comments:

Post a Comment